SPRU FORCOVID-19 & ANTIVIRAL
COMBAT VIRAL INFECTION NATURALLY
STRENGTHEN YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
Spirulina for COVID 19 & Antiviral Protection
Spirulina has long been known to boost the human immune system and protect against flu and illness. New scientific research has revealed powerful antiviral properties that can help protect you against COVID-19, influenza, measles, mumps, herpes and HIV.
Research shows that optimal protection is achieved by taking Spirulina daily.
What Science Says
Some of the more exciting recent scientific research papers on how Spirulina can protect us from viral infection and its complications include:
HELPS PREVENT COVID19 RESPIRATORY DISTRESS
Research indicates that Spirulina helps to prevent respiratory distress in critical COVID-19 cases.
SPIRULINA INHIBITS COVID-19 VIRUS replication
One of the main components of Spirulina — the blue pigment Phycocyanin — binds to the active site of the COVID-19 virus to inhibit replication and also detoxifies the body to protect the liver and kidneys.
SPIRULINA STRENGTHENS THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
The nutritional properties of Spirulina strengthen the immune system by covering nutritional deficiencies and promoting optimal health.
SPIRULINA HELPS COMBAT COVID19 AND FLU
Spirulina boosts immunity and has powerful antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties that help combat COVID-19 as well as flu and other viral infections.
SPIRULINA STIMULATES & STRENGHTENS IMMUNITY
Spirulina contains bioactive compounds including phenols, phycobiliproteins and sulphated polysaccharides with proven antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, immunostimulant, and immunomodulatory effects.
SPIRULINA FOR POWERFUL PREVENTION & THERAPY
“The multifunctional role of Spirulina components makes it an ideal natural remedy with massive prophylactic and therapeutic properties.”
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH:SPIRULINA AND COVID-19
Click on the heading for a research summary & links to the study.
ANTIVIRAL EFFECTS +
- Microalgae contain a huge range of bioactive compounds
- Spirulina is known for its beneficial effects against HIV as well as many other viruses
- Spirulina is one of the best candidates as a dietary supplement for providing nutritional as well as antiviral effects
- “The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic has demonstrated the necessity of investing in research into new antiviral compounds. Microalgae are considered good candidates to this end. In line with European objectives, they display eco-friendly and eco-sustainable characteristics, produce a high variety of antiviral compounds, and can be used as a supplement in diets without collateral effects.”
- “One of the best candidates for nutritional properties is Spirulina.”
READ THE STUDY
COVID-19 RESPIRATORY DISTRESS +
- Many of the symptoms of critical COVID-19 cases, such as respiratory distress, are caused by the body’s own immune response
- Active ingredients in Spirulina can calm the immune system, helping prevent serious illness
- When Spirulina is grown under LED lighting (which is what we do at SPRU), the bioactivity, including anti-inflammatory properties, is enhanced
- “In this study, we exposed macrophages and monocytes activated by the pathogenic stimulator lipopolysaccharide (LPS) to different doses of Spirulina extracts, cultivated in either full-range solar spectrum or controlled light conditions. We report that an aqueous extract of a photosynthetically controlled Spirulina (LED Spirulina) inhibits TNF-α secretion by over 70% from LPS-activated macrophages and over 40% from LPS-activated monocyte cells.”
- “Under certain conditions, for instance, irradiation by light-emitting diodes (LED) to control photosynthesis, algal bioactivity such as anti-inflammatory properties may be enhanced”
READ THE STUDY
SPIRULINA COMBATS COVID-19 +
- Spirulina boosts immunity and has antiviral and anti-inflammatory propertiesIt could be used, along with other methods, to treat and prevent COVID-19
- “The ability of ... Spirulina, to boost immunity against viral diseases has already been reported clinically.”
- “Spirulina ... could be used as a supplement along with treatments or prevent COVID-19 infection and related symptoms.”
READ IT HERE
Ratha, S. K., Renuka, N., Rawat, I., & Bux, F. (2021). Prospective options of algae-derived nutraceuticals as supplements to combat COVID-19 and human coronavirus diseases. Nutrition (Burbank, Los Angeles County, Calif.), 83, 111089.
SPIRULINA PREVENTS COVID-19 SPREAD +
- One of the main components of Spirulina, the magical blue pigment Phycocyanin, binds to the active site of the COVID-19 virus and inhibits replicationThis, together with the nutritional and immune-boosting properties of Spirulina makes it highly recommended in combatting COVID-19 as well as flu and other viral infections
“Spirulina platensis ... is well known to possess anti-viral properties, in addition to its strong nutritional values”
READ IT HERE
SPIRULINA COULD HELP COMBAT COVID-19 +
- Spirulina has strong antiviral activities
- Whole-cell Spirulina contains bioactive compounds that boost the immune response and have proven antiviral, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects
- Spirulina also stimulates the immune system by remedying any nutritional deficiencies
- Spirulina is a safe natural superfood with huge potential to prevent and cure disease
- “In many research studies, Spirulina has been reported to have strong antiviral activities”
- “Spirulina contains several bioactive compounds, such as phenols, phycobiliproteins and sulphated polysaccharides ... with proven antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immunostimulant/ immunomodulatory effects”
- “(the) nutritional properties (of) Spirulina may modulate the immune system by covering nutritional deficiencies”
- “Spirulina ... ideal candidate for conjugative or alternate therapy against disease treatments due to possible synergetic effect of many bioactive compounds present in the whole cell.”
- “The multifunctional role of Spirulina components makes it an ideal natural remedy with massive prophylactic and therapeutic properties.”
READ IT HERE
Singh S., Dwivedi V., Sanyal D. & Dasgupta S. (2020). Therapeutic and Nutritional Potential of Spirulina in Combating COVID-19 Infection. AIJR Preprints, 49, version1, pre-print.
SPIRULINA BOOSTS COVID-19 IMMUNITY +
- Plant-based foods, including Spirulina, provide vitamins, minerals, micronutrients, antioxidants and active ingredients that play a vital role in enhancing immunity against COVID-19
- “plant-based foods play a vital role to enhance the immunity of people to control of COVID-19”
- “elderly people should consume Spirulina and Curcumin, as they are extremely rich in vitamin C and minerals. These superfoods help in building and strengthening immunity at great level.”
READ IT HERE
Arshad M.S., Khan U., Sadiq A., et al. (2020) Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and immunity booster green foods: A mini-review. Food Sci Nutr, 8: 3971– 3976.